In May 2010, the Battered Women’s Project became the Hope & Justice Project. We felt the new, more positive name would help us better reach out to people who need our services and perspective. We changed our name, but not our 30-year mission.
We continue to:
- Help people whose family and dating relationships are affected by abuse and violence.
- Provide prevention education and training.
- Encourage and support safe, joyful relationships.
- Encourage community members to recognize and understand the nature of abuse and violence.
- Help repair the harm done.
- Change social conditions that tolerate and foster violence.
Read about some ways we helped people affected by abuse in 2012.