Are any of these “red flags” flying in your dating or romantic relationship?
True or not true: your boyfriend or girlfriend…
- Scrolls through your cell phone to see who you’ve talked to or texted – sometimes two or three times a day.
- Tells you what to wear – and criticizes your choices.
- Gets angry and jealous when you spend time with other friends.
- Hits, pushes, or slaps you – once in a while.
- Hits, pushes, or slaps you – pretty often.
- Pressures you into having sex or doing sexual things you don’t really want to do.
- Threatens to hurt you – or him/herself – if you talk about breaking up.
- Says it’s your fault if he/she hurts you.
- Constantly puts you down – often in front of others.
- Is disliked by your friends – and they say you should stop seeing each other.
We understand everyone’s experience is different, but if even two of these “red flags” describe your partner’s behavior, you probably aren’t in a healthy relationship. If you think you’re being abused – or if you’re not sure – give our FREE, confidential hotline a call at 1.800.439.2323.
We’ll listen, offer information, and help you think about – and figure out – what’s happening and whether it fits with your picture of how life should be…right now and for your future.